Hello! You’ve arrived at the site of Dan Saber. (My condolences.)
I’m a writer and Data Scientist based in Silicon Valley. My work has shown up in The Economist, Inside Big Data, and more.
I use this site primarily to do my “professional” writing (i.e., about Data Science and adjacent topics, like management). It also serves as a launchpad to my non-Data initiatives, which you can find below and in the menu above.
Please poke around. I hope you find something you enjoy.
A quick lay of the land:
My writing falls into a few main categories…
Data Science Tutorials
- Difference-in-Differences Regression and Panel Data Methods
- Statistical Visualization in Python
- Multilevel Logistic Regression using Bayesian Methods
Other Data Science Topics
- Making the Leap from Data Science Hopeful to Practitioner (Career Advice / Pep Talk)
- How Coursera and Universities Partner to Advance Pedagogy
Humor and Fiction
Finally, I’m also a novelist! You can find information about my debut comedic novel, Good Intentions, here.
Other Pages of Note
But wait… there’s more!