Hello! You’ve arrived at the site of Dan Saber. (My condolences.)
I’m a writer and Data Scientist based in Silicon Valley. My work has shown up in The Economist, Inside Big Data, and more.
I use this site primarily to do my more “professional” writing (i.e., about Data Science and adjacent topics, like management). It also serves as a launchpad to my various non-Data initiatives, which you can find below and in the menu above.
Please poke around. I hope you find something you enjoy.
A quick lay of the land:
My writing falls into a few main categories…
Data Science Tutorials
- Difference-in-Differences Regression and Panel Data Methods
- Statistical Visualization in Python
- Multilevel Logistic Regression using Bayesian Methods
Other Data Science Topics
- Making the Leap from Data Science Hopeful to Practitioner (Career Advice / Pep Talk)
- How Coursera and Universities Partner to Advance Pedagogy
Essays and Blogging
I have a Substack (then again, who doesn’t?). It’s called Jetsam and it’s where I do my non-Data Science writing. The theme of the blog is hard to summarize, but it’s some combination of politics, philosophy, and technophobia.
Check out some of my favorite posts below and subscribe if you’re interested!
Finally, I’m also a novelist! You can find information about my debut novel, Good Intentions, here.
I’ll also be publishing some short stories soon. Keep your eyes on this section.
Other Pages of Note
But wait… there’s more!