Hello! You’ve arrived at the blog of Dan Saber. (My condolences.)
I’m a writer and Data Scientist based in Silicon Valley. My work has shown up in The Economist, Inside Big Data, and more.
Please poke around. I hope you find something you enjoy.
A quick lay of the land:
My writing falls into a few main categories… (go here if you just want to see the latest)
Data Science Tutorials
- Difference-in-Differences Regression and Panel Data Methods
- Statistical Visualization in Python
- Multilevel Logistic Regression using Bayesian Methods
Other Data Science Topics
- Making the Leap from Data Science Hopeful to Practitioner (Career Advice / Pep Talk)
- How Coursera and Universities Partner to Advance Pedagogy
NOTE: I know many of you are interested primarily in my Data Science writing, so I made you a special page and RSS feed that only includes my technical posts (i.e., Data Science Tutorials + Other Data Science Topics). No need to wade through my sociopolitical ramblings unless you want to. Speaking of…
These cover things I’m curious or angry about, e.g.,
- My analysis for The Economist on whether “woke” companies donate to Democrats
- My ruminations on the Bay Area housing market
Finally, I’m also a novelist! You can find information on my debut novel, Good Intentions, here.
More fiction coming soon, including a few short stories. Keep your eyes on this section…
Other Pages of Note
But wait… there’s more!